Recent statistics have revealed that 9 out of 10 mothers would prefer an I-pad to flowers on Mother’s Day. Gadget gifts can be particularly well received by older parents, with technology helping to connect modern families who often work and live remotely and bridge gaps between generations.
So, if you’re looking for thoughtful, yet practical ways to show your love this Mother’s Day (March 6th 2016), check out this Wish List:
- 3rings Plug. Do you worry about your ageing loved ones or have a parent whose ill? Imagine Mum could give you a reassuring message that she is OK, or more importantly an alert that something might be wrong, just by making her morning cup of tea or tuning into Good Morning Britain. That’s what 3rings does. Fit the smart plug to most household appliances and it will send messages to you and all your family’s smartphones, tablets or laptops, reassuring you that your loved ones are OK. With inbuilt mobile technology, mum doesn’t even need their own internet connection. This caring plug will make a huge difference to your state of mind. For more information on the product go to https://www.3rings.co.uk/
- FitBit. This health device is a fantastic, informative and fun way to encourage your mum to lead a healthier and more active life. The Fitbit Ultra Wireless Activity Tracker tracks steps taken, stairs climbed, distance travelled, calories burned, activity level and sleep quality. The Fitbit Aria Wi-Fi Smart Scale also allows users to follow their weight, body fat percentage and BMI over time with a host of online graphs and mobile tools. To find out more go to https://www.fitbit.com
- Musical memories. The latest audio gadgets allow you to create a truly personal and unique gift. Why not buy your Mum a simple and easy to use MP3 player such as an iPod Shuffle (only £40!) and upload a selection of her favourite songs both new and old! If your budget stretches to a device with greater storage, you could even treat your Mum to an audio version of the latest bestseller.
- Create an E-Card. Sometimes a simple customised card can be a unique and, most importantly, thoughtful gift to send to someone. There lots of options – with some even allowing you to donate to a charity of your choice. So, a perfect excuse to get creative! We recommend http://www.ecards.co.uk/
- Picture perfect. Social media offers many ways for us show how much we love our Mums – for gratis! According to recent statistics 3.3 million people share pictures of themselves and their mum on Facebook. This year, Cancer Research UK is calling on people to share a #MyMumAndMe picture on Facebook and make a donation in celebration of their mum and to help protect more moments for mums everywhere. http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/support-us/donate/moremoments. Text MUM to 70200 to donate £3 to Cancer Research UK*
The inspiration behind 3rings is Steve’s 84 year old mum and Gareth’s nan. 3rings wanted to find a simple way to help families look after their ageing loved ones, regardless of distance and time pressures. Everything 3rings does is about answering the question ‘Is my ageing mum and/or dad OK today?’. It was that focus that led to the invention of the 3rings plug — the plug that cares.
020 7112 4905